It’s almost Halloween! To impress your guests, what better way than to prepare a little snack of 100% pop culture to make them shiver with fear (and vomit!)? Editor of Seriously He gives you three cooking ideas that are easy to reproduce at home.
#1 – The source bottle Harry Potter
It’s hard to miss Butterbeer as Halloween approaches! These specialties are directed to the worldHarry Potter it is very tasty and original. For this recipe, you will need:
- – 80 cl of alcohol (professional if possible);
- – 10 ml of milk;
- – 40 g butter (half-salt if possible);
- – 50 g brown sugar;
- – 1 teaspoon of spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla);
- – whipped cream.
- 1. In a pan, melt the butter on low heat.
- 2. Add brown sugar and mix with a wooden spoon.
- 3. Remove from heat and add spices without stopping stirring.
- 4. In another pan, bring the beer to the boil and then pour in the butter/sugar/spice mixture.
- 5. Divide the preparation into four cups and add a cloud of whipped cream before sprinkling with cinnamon.
- 6. Serve warm.
#2 – Cupcakes inspired by A wonderful Christmas for Mr. Jack
A wonderful Christmas for Mr. Jack is a Halloween (and Christmas) tradition that appeals to young and old alike. So much so that the image of Jack Skellington, the protagonist, entered our closet and, on Halloween night, our kitchen! For this Cake Pops recipe, you will need:
- – Cardboard Cake Card Sticks;
- – Oreo cookies or similar;
- – White chocolate;
- – Black icing.
- 1. Open the Oreo cookies in half and place a stick of Cake Pops on each cookie before closing.
- 2. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment or foil.
- 3. Melt the white chocolate and put it in a glass (or other large and thin container).
- 4. Dip the Oreo Pops one by one in the chocolate and place them on the baking sheet.
- 5. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until the chocolate hardens.
- 6. Finish painting Jack’s eyes and mouth with black icing.
#3 – Démorgogon strawberry inspired by Strange Things
In Strange Things, the Demogorgon terrorizes our small group of friends in Hawkins. And for good reason, with his mouth as foul as it is scary, he is one of pop culture’s most iconic creatures. But on Halloween night, we’re going to try to make it more…fun! For this strawberry jam recipe, you will need:
- – 15 strawberries;
- chocolate – 275 g;
- white chocolate – 30 g;
- – Sticks.
- 1. Cut the strawberry in half and put the equal parts together.
- 2. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 3. Melt the dark chocolate and roll out six circles 6 cm in diameter, three per sheet.
- 4. Using chopsticks, dip the sliced strawberries in the chocolate, lightly dipping the edges.
- 5. Arrange five strawberry slices around the chocolate circle to reproduce the Demogorgon’s head.
- 6. Refrigerate until the chocolate hardens.
- 7. Melt the white chocolate.
- 8. Make a small bag lined with parchment paper and pour in the melted white chocolate.
- 9. Draw teeth around the strawberry.
- 10. Store in the refrigerator.
Pop culture and lifestyle reporter