Potato recipe: what foods can you prepare to eat well in autumn? When autumn arrives, it is recommended that you have a baked potato recipe, a fried potato recipe, a potato pancake recipe or just a few potato recipes, away from the old standard potato casserole. Especially for weekday afternoons when time is of the essence, it is easy and quick to make delicious potato dishes that go well with steak or pork chops.
A quick and easy potato recipe for your steak side dish
Let’s follow this simple but delicious and tasty sweet potato recipe. It takes less time to prepare and more time to cook.
The secret is potatoes
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces (2 in total)
- potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces (2 more)
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 2 pinches of salt
- ½ cup of fruit, sliced and diced
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ground cinnamon (1 tablespoon)
Prep 15 minutes and cook 25 minutes (40 minutes total):
- Place potatoes and sweet potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until tender (about 15 minutes).
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle potatoes and sweet potatoes with salt.
- Cook until they start to brown (about 3 minutes).
- Mix in the dates, pumpkin seeds, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Cook and stir until the dates are heated and the pumpkin starts to turn red (1-2 minutes).
- Remove from heat and serve.
Baked potato recipe
To prepare the best baked potatoes, we offer you this recipe for fried potatoes with garlic. Preparation time is 10 minutes, and cooking time – 60 minutes. It’s a long time before you taste it, but the recipe is simple.
Ingredients for 8 servings:
- 90 g red or white potatoes
- 60 ml of good olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves (2 tbsp)
- 2 spoons finely chopped fresh parsley
Preparation (10 min) and cooking (60 min)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the potatoes in half or in groups and put them in a bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic; stir until potatoes are well coated.
- Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet and spread in one layer. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour or until golden brown and crispy. Turn twice with a spatula during cooking to ensure browning.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, sprinkle with parsley, season to taste and serve hot.
A recipe for baked potatoes from Auvergne
- 1 kg potatoes
- 2 spoons of cream
- pepper and salt
- 2 eggs
Prep in 20 minutes and cook in 30 minutes:
- Peel the potatoes and wash them.
- Drain and put them in a salad bowl without washing them so you don’t dry them.
- Beat the eggs and add them.
- Pour fresh cream.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a skillet, heat a little oil. Next, prepare the rapée in the pan, just like a pancake. Cover and cook on medium heat until the bottom is golden brown.
- Turn it to brown on the other side uncovered so that the top is crispy.
Serve with charcuterie and salad.
Potato pancakes recipe
This recipe takes time to prepare. Cooking is fast!
- 7 potatoes
- 3 onions
- flour (3 spoons)
- 1 egg
Prep 25 minutes and cook 10 minutes:
- Peel potatoes and onions, wash.
- Finely cabinet.
- Add flour, egg, salt and pepper and mix.
- Heat oil in a skillet and heat until hot.
- Add the grated cheese. Make pancakes.
- Cut the patties on one side, then flip the other side.
Serve hot with mushroom sauce.
Potato recipes and more
Potatoes are very important and rightly so. Cheap, readily available, delicious, easy to prepare, versatile, nutritious and, according to some, good for your health.
Did you know?
Thanks to NASA, in 1995 the potato became the first food successfully grown in space.
Potato flowers were already popular – the French aristocracy developed the fashion for potatoes when King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette discovered the pure white flowers. During this period, the potato flowers looked so beautiful that they were used as an attraction to sell the crop.