Author Delphine Decoucelle
It has been published
Check out my articles
Unpleasant, confusing, unpleasant… Nettle is well known for its bad reputation. It has to be said that it hides its contents well…
Corentin Sauvaget, natural artist, reveals to GILO the characteristics of this plant in the kitchen.
Here is a recipe, made in spring, with nettle shoots, when they are tender and rich in vitamins.
- For each nettle plant, preferably select the top four leaves with gloves. Raw and chopped nettles cannot be stored, so they must be cooked immediately after harvesting.
- Mix the egg and sugar
- In another container, mix flour and baking powder
- In a bowl with egg and sugar, add melted butter then flour and cook the flour (with chocolate chips)
- Mix everything well before adding the nettles
- Line a baking sheet or cover with a silicone sheet or baking paper
- Make several small mounds of the mixture and place them in the oven
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes at 180 ° C (thermostat 6). They should be removed as soon as the contours start to turn red.
And of course, when the stinging nettle is cooked, it no longer stings.
Enjoy your lunch!
With GILO, give yourself a break!
GILO, a meeting place for environmentalists, is a special four-page pamphlet that appears once a month, on the first Thursday of each month, in local newsstands. 47 Republicans and 33 Republicans (or digitally here: https://cutt.ly/pKtqX7i).
Other articles, videos and photos can also be found on Facebook: @Gilonature and Instagram: @gilonature
Don’t hesitate to follow GILO Nature!
Every week, receive a breath of fresh air by email. Sign up here, it’s free!
Did this article help you? Note that you can follow Le Républicain Sud-Gironde in the My News space. In just one click, when you register, you will get all the news about your favorite cities and brands.