Do you want to make cookies for snack time? But alas… You have no more eggs in the freezer. Here’s how you can treat yourself even when you’re incredibly needy.
For special occasions like Christmas or snacks, Cakes and pastries that are very popular with adults and children. With chocolate, vanilla, ground almonds or fruit… There are as many people on Earth as there are recipes for dry biscuits. And for good reason… These are constantly tweaked according to our preferences and desires. Some more than others have been essential to French gastronomy. Breton pancakes, petit-beurres, Russian cigars or short biscuits with almond flour… Often topped with egg, these cookies come in a thousand ways.
Unfortunately, the contents of our refrigerator do not follow the recipe we want to cook at that time. So here are a few other options if you’re trying to make a tasty snack without animal protein.
A step-by-step recipe for eggless cookies
All you need are five ingredients and a little butter to make these cookies that pair well with a cup of tea or coffee. At this point, we are revealing a simple and quick recipe for eggless shortbread cookies. Made with a plain dough base, these can be topped with vanilla for example or filled with fruit jam if you want to pair them up.
For four people you will need:
- 150 g wheat flour
- 90 g of very soft fat
- 75 g of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of milk (meat or vegetable of your choice)
- 1 pinch of salt
- In a bowl, add sugar, flour, salt and changed the butter to the refrigerator.
- With your fingers or the paper of your pastry robot, mix all the ingredients together until you get a smooth sand.
- Then pour in the milk to beat it to be thick and homogeneous.
- Once you’ve finished this step, refrigerate in cling film for an hour.
- When you preheat your oven to 200°C, roll out the cookie dough to 5 millimeters thick using a rolling pin.
- Cut out the shape of your choice with a cookie cutter and bake the shortbread on a baking sheet.
- Cook them for 10 to 15 minutes.
Reiterating the Alsatian must have: Eggless Spritz
Our local culinary specialties also make us dream. So without even leaving your kitchen, we’re taking you to Alsace, in the northeast of France. On the menu? Spritz Eggless, sweet and chocolate drizzled down one side of the biscuit.
For four people you will need:
- 225 g flour
- 75 g wheat flour
- 55 g of sugar
- 250 g fat
- 300 g chocolate milk
- In a bowl, add the dry ingredients: flour, cornstarch and icing sugar.
- Then add softened butter for preparation.
- Place the mixed dough in a piping bag to make these famous Alsatian biscuits.
- On a baking sheet, make a zigzag and bake in a preheated oven at 170 ° C for 15 minutes.
- Wait until the Spritz is slightly brown before taking them out. Let them cool.
- Then, dip the cookies in the melted milk chocolate.
- Leave to dry on a cooling plate to dry the food. Fun!
Many other cookie recipes have to be made behind the stove. When it comes to ingredients, it’s not just chocolate that can make your biscuit recipe. Many things add to these little pleasures. Fresh, dried or sweet fruits, almonds, hazelnuts or coconut flour… All you have to do is let your imagination and passion wander to create snacks that are more original than others.
Many dishes and dessert recipes can also be made without eggs. Here are a few that may tickle your taste buds: