Homemade tomato sauce year-round? We all sign. The good news is, now is when the warehouse is ready for packing ripe tomatoes in jars. For your savings!
Tomato season is over at the end of August and boxes of tomatoes too ripe to be bought by the kilo. Often cheaperthey are here to let you extend the season by preparing jars of tomato sauce and continuing to cook for months to come.
A A quick reminder of the rules for successful pitchers sometimes it is necessary. The operation consists of containers that are boiled in water to dissolve and preserve the contents for a long time. Good performance, don’t fill your jars. The Le Parfait range encourages stopping to 2 cm from the top. Pour in your hot tomato sauce and turn your jar upside down once closed to exhale. Remember thatFreezing for 45 minutes can keep the sauce for two to three months. For an hour 30, is more or less a year.
Here is the recipe for tomato sauce, but nothing prevents you from separating the herbs or removing them completely. Or make a real Italian tomato sauce.
Another version of this preparation: you can water your tomatoes before cooking them.
Tomato sauce in a jar: Recipe inspired by Le Parfait
- 2.5 k ripe tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small bunch of thyme
- 1 bunch of parsley
- basil or tarragon leaves
- 1 spoon of sugar
- Olive oil
- Plunge your tomatoes for one minute in hot water and then in a bowl of ice water to guide their pruning. Deseed them and cut into cubes.
- Fry in olive oil finely chopped onions and garlic cloves without their coats. Add the chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare all the herbs and spices. Dissolve in tomato puree. Adjust to taste add a little salt or sugar.
- Cook on very low heat about 30 minutes.
- Purée in a blender. Fill your jars with heat for 45 minutes at 100°C.
Now you know how to make it Homemade tomato sauce the time of fall. And soon you won’t be able to look at corporate tomato sauce the same way.